The Capitol Centre

The property upon which the Capitol was built was purchased in 1927 by Louis Rosenbaum, a Sturgeon Falls businessman. He began building the structure and, when he ran out of funds, he sold it to Famous Players Canadian Corporation. They opened the Capitol Theatre on June 1st, 1929. The Capitol had 1455 seats and was referred to as “a palace of splendor” with it’s elaborate Spanish lights and décor. The movie that was shown to the sold out grand opening crowd was, In Old Arizona. It was the first all-talking Fox feature movie, a western starring Edmund Lowe, Warren Baxter and Dorothy Burgess.

Contact

Dee Adrian, Executive Director
Address: 150 Main Street East, North Bay, P1B 1A8
Telephone: 705-474-1944 X 224
Email Address: dadrian@capitolcentre.org

Hours

Weekday Hours: 11:00AM to 5:00PM
Saturday Hours: 12:00PM to 4:00PM
Sunday Hours: Box Office Open 1 Hour Prior to Sunday Cinema

Photos

Upcoming Events