The firm was formed in 1993 by the merger of two of North Bay's oldest and most prestigious law firms, Wallace & Carr and Klein & Klein. This merger brought together law practices established by George Wallace and Albert Klein, both respected and prominent local lawyers. George Wallace, a North Bay native whose father and grandfather ran the local brickyard and were contractors, commenced practising law in North Bay in 1936 with the firm Reynolds & Wallace. In 1949 he took over the practice of the late John McColeman. With the exception of his years in the Canadian Forces during World War II, he continued practicing for 55 years until his death in February 1992.